Saturday, June 07, 2008

Recent Images from Fantasy Sketch Group

It's been some time since my last posting. The reason being: finishing up with teaching Illustration courses for the
Spring semester, various projects in the studio that has kept me extremely busy, when I'm not teaching, and finally
the many commitments I have as Chair of the Illustration Section at the St Louis Artists' Guild.

That being said, lets move on to the Fantasy Sketch Group. What a fun, and much needed, (for me) monthly, get together,
group of friends, and fellow artists. We draw for three hours, from live models (sometimes two at a time), for ten minute sessions. It's agreat opportunity to try new tools, visual approaches, and visual concepts that are for me and my own
amusement. Plus, I use the time to learn some new drawing skills.

I will post several examples today of a fairly recent session, in which I wanted to draw, using only colored Pentel pens, with
just a hint of some additional marker, here and there. Check out the following..............







Sometimes, I will take what I've done during a group session, and scan the art into photoshop, or Painter, and then add some digital color as an experiment. You can see how this works in the following two examples.......



2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Wieringa said...

Beautiful work!

I can't wait to join you guys on the 20th for the Sketch night.

Eric Wieringa

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home